Monday, April 15, 2013

On the 117th Boston Marathon

I really have no words that can sum up what I'm feeling about the cowardly act that took place at the Boston Marathon today. This is an event where thousands of people, their friends and family, celebrate the tenacity of the human spirit, the strength and resiliency of the human body, the joyfulness of attaining a goal that helps define oneself. Where, as Dr. George Sheehan states in Running and Being, The Total Experience:

"For every runner..running marathons..there are thousands who run to hear the leaves.. For them, sport is not a test but a therapy; not a trial but a reward; not a question, but an answer."

 I pray that all these runners participating in Boston today, and those, including myself who will run tomorrow and in the future, will not be thwarted in our quest for our answers -  regardless of the questions.

I pray for a speedy recovery for those injured and peace for the friends and family of those who have lost their lives. 

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!