Saturday, February 2, 2013

But I'm grateful for what I have..

I went for a 40 minute preset 'interval' run on the treadmill after work today. I was able to set the time myself, but the machine alternated between 4, 5, and 6 mph. Each interval was 2 minutes long. No incline. I certainly didn't feel like I was going very fast. My heart rate never went above 150, which is actually what I try to achieve on the road during my slow runs. I wonder why I'm able to achieve that steady state on the treadmill, and not the road?*

After reading the manual a bit, it seems that as a custom program, I can either run for time, distance, calorie burn or heart rate. I can not pre-set intervals or inclines or speed. I have to do that all on the fly while I'm running. Bummer.  
But, I'm grateful to have this machine for only the moving fee of $200.
I covet the NordicTrack 2150.

Maybe one day I shall own one.

I watched Star Trek while I ran. The time flew by.
I also covet Chris Pine..

but I shall never own him.


It's supposed to be very cold again tomorrow, and the winds are still supposed to be high.  Maybe I'll try the incline program next.

Magellan Data

*Following being distracted by thoughts of Chris Pine, I thought about it a little more. It's because the treadmill does not ALLOW me to run faster than the belt. So, on the road, I speed up, heart rate goes up, I get tired, I slow down. A little.  It stays elevated, because I still don't know how to slow down enough. I guess. 


1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!