Thursday, February 14, 2013

Treadmill and Negatives

This morning I really wasn't feeling a run. I slept poorly again, probably because of that single Corona Light I had when  got home from work. It was actually a celebratory drink. A patient I have been working with for a few weeks had his first breakthrough, and he actually attempted to walk about 10 feet with a rolling walker with two people helping him. The thrill of it for me is the look of joy on his face after he finally triumphs over defiance and apathy and fear - I'm so grateful I can make such a small difference in a person's life.

Anyway, that beer. Kept me from falling asleep, and woke me up too early. I was shot this morning. The only thing that got me to run was the idea that I still wanted to try negative splits. Again, once I was dressed and ready, I couldn't imagine doing anything else that morning. Vacuum? nah. Clean the bathroom?? Double nah.

The intervals on the treadmill are set to 2:00. So far, I haven't figured out how to change that. My attempt was to stay at a 1 to 2 incline to simulate more of a road, and then increase my speed depending on my heart rate. I wanted to increase my HR in a controlled manner. 
Every thing was going smoothly until I tried to get to 7..  I don't know what I did, but it jumped back down to 5.1, and there was no way, no matter what I tried, to get the console to respond to any buttons, except the button that said 'Power'. Major bummer.



Total suckage. But, as you can see, I was on my way, and I was enjoying it. If you're interested, you can check out the entire data profile to see how I did with my HR too. Overall, I'm happy.

The weather is warming up, but melting all the snow we had. There are lots of small streams and puddles on the roads around here. Combined with the narrowing of the roads by snow piles, I'm not ready to head out there yet.

I'm going to try and video my form on the treadmill next, maybe this weekend, to see if I still have that medial heel whip on the right.

Magellan Data

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!