Tuesday, February 26, 2013

..On the road again..

For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking it was warmer outside than it actually was. I did not think of looking at the thermometer (is a digital readout still called a thermometer?) while I was drinking my coffee. I decided to try something different for my pre-run snack;  a slice of oat bread with a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter. It's sure less expensive the P90X bars I've been eating. As I was feeding my maw, pulling out my gear and gadgets and lining them up on the counter, I glanced at the temperature. 30 degrees? Crap. But it looks so WARM outside! Arg. No chimes ringing? Good. I just about bounded upstairs to get dressed, because for a fleeting second I thought I should jump on the treadmill instead. Nope. I knew as soon as I got dressed, I was committed. (I LOVE that!) 
I dressed as if it were 50 degrees, and headed out. I turned on my watch first - battery low. WHAT? That's never happened before.  We'll see how far it gets me on 17%. (Turns out, 1.25 miles) Soo.. Runmeter became my primary data collector.

Well, it felt SO good to be out on the road again. How freeing. And the more I ran, the more I felt in tune with what my body was communicating to me. I found myself really paying attention this morning. I decided to slow down on the inclines to conserve energy instead of pushing through. I took advantage of the declines and sped up instead of letting gravity do the work. This all resulted in a pace faster than a regular run, but slower than my 5k race pace. 

I'm a happy runner this morning.

Runmeter Data



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!