Thursday, January 17, 2013

What doesn't kill you...

Tuesday morning's run (1/15) is a blur to me now - I've been having a rough week sleep wise, and since I've yet to get a new tenant, I've had to take some per diem work to supplement my living expenses. With that comes finding relevant paperwork about my credentials to send to the new employer, learning how to fill out the new paperwork, etc. 

The logistics of all that upheaval has a tendency to keep me on the edge of my seat a bit, and I do a lot of unnecessary planning and worrying. At almost 53 years old, you'd think by now I'd realize that indeed, everything really does work out fine in the end - and worrying about it is an inefficient way to spend one's time.

Of what I can remember, I went out for 4 miles, and completed 4 miles. I set my pace alerts to between 9:00-9:30, and I believe I kept hearing that I was going too fast at times. I'll let the links explain the run.

Magellan Data

RunMeter Data


Today's run (1/17) - Tuesday while I was running, I thought I'd do 6 miles this morning. But with a ridiculously poor amount and quality of sleep last night, plus putting in a 10 + hour day yesterday, I barely made it out the door this morning.



 I slept in, or tried to sleep in. I left bed at 7:00, and debated on what was best for me based on the past 2 days. I knew that once I was dressed and out the door, I would be happy I was running. So I put on my new Brooks hoodie that my sister recommended, and yes, I was happy once I started. I knew as I came around my block by mile 3, that it was all I was doing for today. I even set my pace alerts for 9:30-10:00, and was a little quicker again. I think I just wanted to take a hot shower. 

But, the way things were going, I got a call from the office saying I was supposed to be there at 9:00 for a patient with a recurrent vestibular problem. The thing is, no one told me about it. PLUS, I think I used the wrong supplement in my Shakeology recovery shake this morning, and put the energy powder in instead of the recovery formula. (they are both in identical containers with different colored lids) I borrowed the stuff from my daughter's stash.. and they both happen to be the same colored powder.

So now, I'm flying a little higher than usual, and I had to stop this post to fly into the office and treat the patient, running gear and all.. the patient needed to catch a flight to Florida. 

I'm ready for my hot shower now. I will finish this post by listing the data for both runs.

Magellan Data

RunMeter Data


6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try a sleep app on my phone for awhile but I am not sure how my husband and 3 cats will effect it.....which one do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the name of the app is SleepTime.. they say you can keep it at the top of the bed by your pillow for it to work,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy amazing what our phones can do these days. Sorry about your sleep troubles though. That's never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stacey. Yeah. It just takes all the air out of your balloon for the day. I did sleep a little better last night, though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a day! I have had those...I know. Do you have running plans for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working until 1:30 or so tomorrow, then probably another long run on Sunday? I'm thinking of going to Bethpage State park to run some trails.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!