Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year Running

I used Runmeter this morning and played with the activities/intervals option. The audible notifications were not as explicit with runmeter as they are with MiCoach, so I wasn't able to follow directions as precisely as I would have liked. I felt really good out there this morning though, in my own neighborhood. People were still sleeping off their hangovers at 7:30 this morning, and since I treated yesterday like any other day, I was raring to go after a good nights sleep.



(I told you I like my gadgets..)

I failed to wait for Magellan to get a fix on satellites before I started, so the data is screwed up. I'll post it anyway.
I practiced slowing down instead of stopping, and I found that I was ok with my heart rate creeping up into the mid 170's.  I'm pretty sure it was that long run I did the previous weekend that helped me out. I've really got to stick with those, especially if I'm to run a half this year.

I'm dedicating this post to my sister, Theresa - who ran her first Polar Dash in MN today, with starting temps around -1F. She came in first in her age group, and achieved a PR, about 4 minutes faster than her previous 10k. I love you, and I'm so proud of you! I was with her virtually, watching her progress on Runmeter's live page, and rooting her on through texts that she was able to hear during the race. Gotta love that program.

It was warm for me this morning, 40 degrees, only 2 top layers and a skull cap and gator.  There was a brisk wind blowing from the northwest, so it felt chillier than that, and it slowed me down a bit on the inclines. But overall, I felt good!

Magellan Data (screwed up)

RunMeter Data

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks, sista! I'm so proud of YOU! And I love my bestest fan...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any links or reviews about your use of the MiCoach? I would love to hear more about it! I only use a Garmin right now to tell me distance. It has a HRM but I dont use it. I need too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy.. I don't have a HRM for MiCoach, I only use it to have it tell me when I'm going to fast or slow. I rely on my Magellan gps watch for my heart rate. I think you should try MiCoach. It's free! Let me know what you think!
    -Celia

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!