Saturday, January 26, 2013

My first non-injury lull

Well, it's still cold. But as you can see in the reflection, I'm still smiling. 


I haven't run in a week because of the cold. I've been getting back to weight lifting - various programs; and I can feel myself getting stronger. I've got a chronic impingement syndrome going on in my right shoulder, and it always feels better after I strengthen it.
My ears are ringing like wild fire now, I was hoping that as a side effect of running less it would wondrously stop all together, but I admit to living in a fantasy world at times. I've got an appointment with an ENT on Tuesday.

My love affair with ice cream and cheese has gotten the better of me, and my cholesterol went up 16 points since this time last year. My LDL's could be lower, too. I'll have to start eating better again. I really should get on the scale tomorrow, and return to using MyFitnessPal.  But other than needing more vitamin D3, my blood work and cardiogram both look good.

I've decided, due to continued financial stress, that I'm not going to buy myself a new treadmill. My daughter is donating her mill to me, I just have to pay to get it here. My friend just happens to be getting rid of her treadmill, which has a great electronic console and some fancy features, (none of which is being network enabled) but the bed is too short (she bought it to exercise her dog). I'm going to take a look at it today, but I have a feeling it's not going to fit the bill. I'm a sloppy runner, and I think I'll need longer than a 54" running platform.

I'll be working out today, probably some ab work, although I'm tempted to do legs again. I'm hoping the weather might warm up into the 30's tomorrow, so I can take a short run around the neighbor hood. I really don't want my first run in a week to be running on legs recovering from 40 minutes of assorted squats and lunges from the day before. I'll come up with something. 

My daughter (and my grandpup) spent the night last night with me so as to shorten travel time to Brooklyn today to visit some friends.

Charles of  (Beef ) Wellington

He is a cutie, despite this one nasty habit. I hear that he's doing it less  now after being shamed by this picture posted on Facebook. He's going to have to be careful if he's looking to get a job in the future. I hear potential employers are now scanning the internets looking for stuff like this before hiring.  Keep your dirty laundry off the 'book, my friends!

If you're going out, run long and stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you! I don't think I'm going to make it up there for your first marathon. :( I'm shooting for your birthday, though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!