Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not Unexpected..

My first venture into the dreaded 'yellow zone' today with miCoach from Adidas.  Well, I should say, first ATTEMPTED venture into the yellow zone. I never quite made it. After running 15 minutes trying to keep pace with what that UK woman was repeating to me over and over, I was SHOT! Let me tell you something, it's hard work trying to keep a certain pace over x amount of time! I felt as if I was participating in a race!  Basically, what this is all telling me is that I really need to calm the f*$% down. Sure, I need to train, but stop taking it all so seriously. It's not as if I'm earning a paycheck from it. 
Sheesh.

Anyway, my next run is the Seaford Hot Chocolate 5k on Saturday.


Over and out. Really.

3 comments:

  1. How does the app determine your zone? Are you wearing a monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the algorithm is, but it has me run based on my subjective feel. It told me to run for 5 minutes at a level '4' on a scale from 1-10. Then, it asked me to run at a 6, 7, 8, and 9. I guess from there, it calculated how fast I was going by GPS. I'm sure it would have been much more accurate had I been wearing their monitor and pod. You can go in and manually insert your zones if you want, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!