Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Expanding horizons

Yesterday I had the pleasure of working with a patient who is a phys ed teacher at a local school and who is also a runner. She's a decade older than myself, and has many, many years of running behind her. It was so much fun sharing notes - and I love to learn new things about a topic that I have a current interest in. We talked about my toe pain, and she knew right away what advice to give me - just like my sis and store clerk did. We talked about the upcoming races we had planned, and which ones were cancelled because of the storm. I had pointed her in the direction of Athlinks.com, the collection site for all things racing, and she suggested I join The Greater Long Island Running Club, with it's monthly meetings, race information, monthly magazine and clinics. So, I joined last night, and I'm looking forward to going to the first meeting to see what it's all about.

I wonder if it's bad etiquette to ask what a person's average pace is? I did not ask her, but I was dying to know.

It's raining here this morning, my usual run day - but I'm recovering from that plantar injury on Sunday. I have to say that my early intervention really helped. I've gone barefoot in the house, and wore sneakers to work yesterday. I can still fell some pulling, especially after being off it for awhile, but it works itself right out. I had some funky paresthesia in the ball of my foot during work for an hour, but that went away too. The weather is supposed to clear up by the end of the day, but I think I'll stay off of it regardless. I really should get back to weight training. Maybe I can steel myself toward starting again this morning.

TPP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!