Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back on home turf

73°, SSW 4, 92% H, UV 0, DP 70

Ouch. A stiff R ankle, and both TFL's are sore. Other than that, I was ready to go this morning. I made the decision not to try to run fast, and I'm glad I did. I really don't want to cause any additional problems as my form sucked just a bit because of the residual soreness from yesterday. I did find, however, that I felt better when I did pick up the pace, so it was a bit more difficult today to stay under or at 70% max, which for me is about 143 bpm. My average pace was 20 seconds slower than my last 3 miler, perhaps it had something to do with yesterday.

Almost everyone in Sea Cliff must be hungover. I got out about 7:30 - and although I saw a few runners, there were very few cars around.
So quiet!

I'm considering doing an intermediate level mixed run tomorrow, switching away from the novice level now that CH is a week closer.

How about:
1M < 65 %

1/2 M striders:
4 x 400m @ 85 % w/200m jog recovery

1M  < 65 %

This is in the hard day 1st week Intermediate. I'll have to get down to the track tomorrow then. 


And I will never bemoan the 'inclines' I run in my 'hood again. There are some short, steep hills in Sea Cliff that I've yet to run  - but the small inclines I run on a regular basis are insignificant compared to what I tackled yesterday. I told the Facebook group that run those hills as a club, that I had gotten lost and had to double back the way I came, and one of them said, -

"You missed the hardest part!"

Really???!? Gah.




And this is very interesting to me.. it looks like I had someone from government check out my posts..



Somebody in one of these departments:

National Park Service
U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Bureau of Indian Affairs
Bureau of Land Management
Office of Surface Mining
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Geological Survey
Bureau of Reclamation

I went to the website, and they have some really neat webcams of national parks and such. 

Alrighty, that's it for now. I'm going to try to muster up the motivation for a core or upper body workout, and then food shopping - but perhaps not necessarily in that order.

Have a safe and healthy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!