Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Minimal effort 6 miles

49°,   NNE 10,   64% H,   UV 0,   Dp 36

What a beautiful morning for a run! I dressed appropriately. It was cold and windy to start, but about a mile an a half in, I was fine. I decided to run 5 miles at 70% max HR. By halfway through the run I was feeling really good, and decided to then run in the 150s and 160s the rest of the way, letting my perceived exertion
guide me. I found I was able to speed up and slow down and that my heart rate QUICKLY reflected the effort! I'm sure the cool weather was the major player, but for the first time in a long time, I really felt like I had control of the run.
I decided to do a 10k because I could, and the effort was minimal to moderate, so why not?
Glorious, I tell you.


My last run before the Cow Harbor will be a few miles race pace, hopefully Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!