Thursday, December 27, 2012

Know Thyself

Using MiCoach again this morning, I was hoping I could self-regulate. I forgot to turn my music on, and it turned out to be a good thing, I think. With less to distract me, I tried harder to focus on how I was feeling at different points during my run this morning. Since the update of the Magellan, I haven't re-programmed my screens, so I was unable to see what my heart rate was during the run. It pissed me off a bit (why can't I remember to fix that?) but it could have worked in my favor as well.

I was happy to see that my green zone running is a little more accurate, but now I'm having issue with reaching and staying in yellow. I'm also needing to walk periodically for 10 seconds at a time after the halfway point.

It seems everything I'm reading lately reiterates the fact that I shouldn't be relying so much on my gadgets. That could be the reason why I'm having such a hard time understanding my perceived exertion, and what changes I should be making to return my breathing and heart rate back to a steady-state as I run.

I think I'm going to figure out how to get Runmeter to keep my pace between 9:30 and 10:00 and just go long this Saturday. 

OR, hey! This is a novel idea for me, -  maybe I should just run EASY for 2 hours, forget about my pacing... and see what values I end up with. (I give that a 20% chance of happening)


My resting heart rate has been high lately.  I'm thinking :
 1. I'm eating like shit again, too much fat and sugar
 2. I'm running too fast when I train.


I think I will do some more creative visualizing before bed tonight and tomorrow, seeing myself running very easy, and having abundant energy during the whole run.

You can be sure I'll let you know how it goes.





Magellan Data

3 comments:

  1. Oh never mind to my comment on the other post! I did read this the other day. I am seriously thinking about trying this as I would like to improve my speed from super slow to just slow ;)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!