Saturday, December 8, 2012

But I NEED my fingers...

The morning was clear, with a light breeze. But at 7:00 am, it was 29 degrees. Should I even attempt to run? I knew once I was dressed, I was going out. So I shut out all the negative self talk and just started pulling running clothes out of drawers.  I wore 2 long sleeve layers, and a running jacket. I had my Lululemon ear band on, and also my neck warmer that I brought up over my head. Halfway down the street, I was just fine! The only issue I'm still having is with my fingers. One morning they will freeze and promptly fall off into my gloves.

Another miCoach morning. I had some sprints to try. Didn't make it into the red zone. They were only 45 second sprints, and it seems that I took too long to ramp up to attempt to get to where I should have been. That must be why the peaks are actually past the end time of the zones.



I had almost reached red by the fourth try. I was also supposed to be in the blue zone the whole time, and I did not succeed with that either. Maybe it was because it was below freezing? I don't know. I remember feeling comfortable except for my fingers. I'm writing this 2 days after the run, and I'm not remembering much of it.


I slept wrong on Thursday night, so I'm suffering with a severe wry neck - with limited rotation and neck flexion. I only just now took a muscle relaxer (I've had this before), and 2 hours later there has been little change. Between that and this tinnitus I've developed since after Hurricane Sandy and that head cold I had, I don't think I'll be in any shape to run again tomorrow, either.


Seems like a good weekend for a Sex and the City viewing marathon.


Magellan Data


2 comments:

  1. Looks like we will be at the same race next weekend...I will be far behind you since you are so much faster than me but maybe we will see each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Maybe we will! I'm nursing some neck pain, so I'm hoping I'll be able to participate by Saturday. Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!