Saturday, June 29, 2013

Back to running : Slowly but Surely

I'll refrain from talking about my injury for now, and just review the run I took tonight. I've already run at the local track 2 times, with the plan:

5 min warmup (walk)

5 min run
2 min walk 
repeat 5 times.

Today, I took that plan out on the road.  I worked today, saw the doctor, (my GP for a neuro referral) and decided to go out after it cooled down a bit. Little did I know I could have gone out earlier, because it was cooler outside than in my house!

 I decided to enjoy the steady breeze and ran down by the water, about 1/2 mile from my house.


I ran along this path


on the way back the sun was setting..




I came upon this baby jay in the road, and ushered him to safety in someones front yard


Overall, it wasn't too bad. I have NO power. I really needed the walking and pic taking rests. I'm hoping it's just that I'm out of shape.
Slight R calf stiffness, that resolved, then my R quad got stiff and weak. I ran/walked through it, picking up the pace a bit after I walked up the big hill and got closer to home.  Magellan got all funky on me, so just Runmeter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!