Thursday, October 3, 2013

Done until the Half

57°,  Calm,  79% H,  UV 0,  Dp 55

I wanted to practice setting a pace and trying to stay with it. 
I clearly suck at it.
I barely managed it the first mile, then I just botched it. I also did not set Runmeter correctly, forgetting to put the mile value in 2 of the 5 interval settings. I was confused when I heard the 3rd mile was finished before I even started it. Then I realized what I did when mile 5 did the same thing.

That's it. I'm done. I didn't need to fuel during the ten miles I did on Sunday, but something is telling me I better bring something with me during the half. I don't know what that will be yet.

My daughter is sick with a sore throat, stuffed nose, a slight fever and a cough. I sure hope I can stay healthy until Sunday. What a bummer otherwise.



Sunday's weather looks to be breezy, upper 60's in the morning. The humidity looks to be dropping during the afternoon on Saturday after some rain we should be having Friday night, so I'm hoping for even lower humidity Sunday morning. Humidity is my nemesis. 
I think I'll try to get to the expo for my bib after work on Friday instead of Saturday.

Ok! I'm ready for my adventure, come what may -  
although:  no boas or tiaras, please.
How exciting!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I remember how excited I was before my first half. You are gonna slay that beast and I promise you that you will have a blast! Can't wait to hear how it goes.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enthusiasm, Flower! In a few days I'll be a half marathoner!!!

      Delete
  2. My only remaining advice is dont go straight to the beer tent without hydrating, stretching and eating something

    Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was after the LI Half and Cow Harbor. I learned the above lesson after the LI Half.

      Delete
    2. Ok, well now you have to tell the story! lol!

      Delete
  3. How exciting!! I hope the weather stays perfect. Have a fantastic race!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow! I hope the weather is perfect! You're going to do great!! Can't wait for the race report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, A! They are predicting 100% humidity in the morning, but in the mid 60's.
      I hope I remember to take pictures!

      Delete
  5. Good luck and have a great race! Looks like good weather for tomorrow.

    Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time and run your own race. Don't be a stranger to the water stations!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!