Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Running? Who knew?

I never thought I could ever run. I was a sprinter for a short time in high school - but as far as I can remember, I was not an endurance athlete. My sister started running a few years ago, and I decided, with her encouragement, to give it a try.  "But I was only a sprinter too.." she admonished. I didn't know that either, as I had long graduated when she was entering  high school.  She's running 7-8 minute miles, and although I'm holding steady at a 9:15- 9:30 pace, I shake my head in astonishment every time I come back in from a run.  Simply empowering.
I'd like to share my thoughts on this topic.  You're invited to share this experience with me.
TPP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!