Thursday, May 16, 2013

Snap out of it.



Another easy run today, but I went a little longer. I felt better this time out. I thought I had turned off the audio notifications on Runmeter before I started.  I didn't want to know how fast I was going, I just wanted to run based on how I was feeling. For whatever reason, it didn't work, and Runmeter was telling me to slow down at the beginning, and speed up at the end. Which really explains most of the run with that sentence. (I had it set for negatives)

I had what I thought was the beginning of a shin splint over my right tibia.  I've never had one, so I'm not sure if that was what I was feeling. In about a quarter of a mile it disappeared, and I was able to concentrate on my form. My hip did not bother me like last time, but close to mile 2.5 I felt my right calf start to tighten again. By the time I got home, my quad on that side also tightened up. I went to work feeling that way, trying to stretch my calf, quad and psoas during various times of the day. Right now, I have no pain, but my entire right leg feels tight and heavy, and I know that my gait is off a bit.

Le *sigh*.

Yesterday I received an email that advertised a 5k this Saturday in Oyster Bay - 10 minutes away. I was planning on running long at Bethpage on Saturday. I considered postponing the long run in favor of running the race, but after today's performance and subsequent stiffness, I'll take the long, easy way out.

Not keeping on my running schedule because of injury had me feeling a little blah lately, so consequently I have been eating too much of the wrong things.  This makes me feel even more sluggish and guilty. And although I started out strong with the resistance training, I found myself unable to muster up any force of will to follow through with that either.

I did, however,  feel emotionally satisfied and had quite a bit of energy by the time I got to work at 9:00. 

I'm hoping for a return to my sporty-feeling-self on Saturday.

Trying not to get too bummed. Hmm...I think I'll have a beer.

Runmeter Data

Magellan Data


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my musings! Thanks for commenting!